We have been using this for a few years now and really like it! A bit delicate at first but once you get used to it we find it really nice. Rated for use with a cow's tail on a sit harness, so about the only thing designed and tested for how most setters work. Also rated for rescue loads.
The Catch is a towable rope adjustment device conforming to
EN 12841:2006 Type A.
The device features non-aggressive stainless steel cams which are spring loaded allowing it to be positioned on the rope while the user is working.
The towable release mechanism (patent applications EP2641635, GB2500483) allows the user to tow the device while simultaneously descending.
- Back-up device can be towed whilst descending
- Ergonomic grip release handle
- For use on approved 11mm ropes (EN 1891:1998) with maximum lanyard length (including connectors) of 800mm (single person)
- No shock absorber required for either 100kg (single person) or 200kg rescue loads
- Screw lockable for semi-permanent attachment to rope
- Large attachment eye for multiple connections
- Anodised side plates and non-aggressive stainless steel cams for corrosion resistance
- Colour coded side plates aides fitting
- Easily cleaned and inspected
- Tether cord facility
- Will work with dynamic cowstails, and textile or wire-rope lanyards
- Individually marked for traceability
- Made in Wales, UK